Venue Cymru is based in Llandudno on the North Wales coast and consists of a theatre, conference centre and Arena.
There has been a theatre on the Venue Cymru site since 1894. Originally named the Victoria Palace, it was only intended to be a temporary building but became a landmark on the promenade for over 100 years.
In 1915 the theatre was bought by Wil Caitlin and renamed the Arcadia. The Arcadia hosted 1147 seats and was the only one of Llandudno’s six theatres to stand the test of time.
In 1982 the Aberconwy Centre opened next door to the Arcadia theatre. The Aberconwy Centre hosted conference space for over 1000 delegates as well as a squash centre, sun beds and badminton facilities!
956 Click Throughs, 13346 Page Views